A project about the changing aesthetics of the cannabis industry
As cannabis becomes increasingly legal in North America, cannapreneurs - emerging leaders of the cannabis industry - are employing sophisticated design strategies to position their brands. Rebranding Pot is a series that features the companies and entrepreneurs responsible for the most exciting designs connected to the green revolution.
Rebranding Pot will offer an overview of the visual landscape of the cannabis industry and explore, through case studies, how companies are branding themselves in order to attract new consumers.
Some of the trends we explore:
- How are cannabis companies defining new target audiences?
- What celebrities are also cannapreneurs?
- How are cannapreneurs replicating the strategies of, for example, the luxury industry when positioning their cannabis products?
- What new in cannabis travel and events?
- What are the cutting edge examples of branding -- logos, packaging, photography, etc. -- are popping up?
- What are some surprising forms of edibles now available? (Ever heard of infused BBQ sauce, mezcal, vodka, wine, and coffee?)
- What is WeedTube?
Adriana is a New York-based Brazilian-Texan design entrepreneur, lawyer and author. She is fascinated by the grey area between design, business, sociology, politics, and culture.
Born and raised in São Paulo, Brazil, Adriana received her B.A. from Brown University, a J.D. from Georgetown University, and a M.A. from Parsons School of Design. Her first book, Favelization: The Imaginary Brazil in Contemporary Film, Fashion and Design, explored the use of references to Brazilian slums to brand luxury items as “Brazilian” and was originally published by the Cooper Hewitt, National Design Museum (Smithsonian Institution). Adriana was proud to serve the Obama administration as the Senior Advisor to the Senior Deputy Chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts.
Want to purchase our research?
Over the past two years, we have catalogued over 100 cannabis companies and are happy to share our findings. We are happy to discuss how we can collaborate.
I love public speaking and am happy to share my research at companies, industry events, public forums, and festivals. If you are interested in having me speak at an event, send me a message below
I am available to speak on topics such as:
- Branding trends in the cannabis industry
- Celebrity cannapreneurs
- Edibles packaging
- Trends in cannabis tourism and events
- "High" end design
Want to tell us about cannabis companies with incredible logos, social media accounts or packaging? Just curious about what we are up to? Send us a smoke signal!
WeWork Harlem, 8 West 126th Street
New York, NY 10027, USA